Adjective (comparative – better, superlative – best)
Definition: 1. of high quality: of a high quality or standard, either on an absolute scale or in relation to another or others
§ The meal wasn’t good. § He’ll make a very good doctor. § I lost my good purse.
Are you a good person?
Good | As it relates to people: Moral perfection of thought, word and deed. The standard for this is the model law (10 Commandments).
- You shall have no other gods before Me. (Do you put yourself, anybody or anything before God?)
- You shall not make for yourself any graven image (idol). (Are you more interested in yourself or the things of this world than you are in God?)
- Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain. (Have you used God’s name as a curse word?)
- Remember the Sabbath day, and keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother. (Have you ever cursed or disrespected your parents?)
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery. (have you ever had sexual thoughts about someone else’s spouse?)
- You shall not steal. (Have you ever stolen even a small thing?)
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Have you ever lied or lied about someone else?)
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, your neighbor’s house or anything that is your neighbor’s. (Have you ever been envious of what other’s have or do?)