This is an excerpt from my book manuscript, God Speaks: Positioning Yourself For Taking Dominion & Authority In Life | Youth Prayer Motivational.
“Absolute surrender to God is the secret of blessedness and power.” R. A Torrey
Definition: Surrender is the act submitting yourself to God for his use.
Surrendering your life to an unseen authority seems ridiculous or extremely risky at best. Accepting Christ Jesus as Lord over your life is a first step toward sanctification and living out your divine purpose. Giving yourself over to and trusting in divine authority is the most important decision you’ll ever make. Relinquishing control over your life is a seemingly troublesome idea, but consider the possible outcomes of being governed by your own will and judgement.
- You are responsible for the outcome of your decisions based upon your nature (animal or rational), appetite, upbringing and sense of morality, your self concept, personal values, desires, predilections and many other self defining factors.
- Following your own free will ensures that your life will pale in comparison to what God has for you. Everything you aspire to lies within the scope of your personal understanding and level of experience. What God has prepared for you goes beyond everything you know, experience and understand.
- Human understanding is inadequate for the discernment of Biblical understanding and divine inspiration, making it difficult to aspire to your dreams, accomplish your goals and to influence individuals and circumstances.
- Relying upon your own free will often creates limitations that create roadblocks to success and true prosperity.
Free will may allot you a tolerable existence, a wealthy lifestyle or even great fame, but you’ll lack the joy in living and the effects of sin are not negated. Also, after death worldly accomplishments and assets are meaningless. Living life by divine inspiration, consistently welding power for good, having divine influence over people and circumstances; and prospering in all that God has for you greatly depends upon your mindset and outlook on life. Ask yourself this, what good is power and influence that serves a selfish agenda and do people actually prosper who settle for a meager existence or strive for ill gotten gain?
Surrender is important, because only those works that you do for God go on with you into eternity. You’re either doomed to eternal death or an eternity of possibly being the lowest in the kingdom of heaven, serving all who gladly surrendered to God during their earthly existence. For the believer, life is about understanding and expediting your purpose in God, seeking God’s perfect will for your life, effectively running the race that He has set before you and ultimately accomplishing His perfect will for your life. You can surrender to God, learn and know yourself and live your best life with no dependence on what society or the world dictates. You can follow your mind and will both of which lack the power and wisdom to see the correct path to your best good or depend upon the ideas of others who may not have your best interest at heart or who lack divine wisdom, knowledge and experience. Cancelling out the love and divine influence of God you’ll likely suffer undue stress, financial lack, worldly disappointment; thereby developing a hardened heart and likely suffer eternal death. The choice is yours, choose wisely.
- All power belongs to God. God’s power can also belong to you when you submit your life to His perfect will. God uses anything and anybody in any way he chooses. He can turn situations to your benefit and put people and resources at your disposal, dispensing his favor over your life. When you choose His will for your life, His power and blessings are transferred into your hands.
- God knows you better than you know yourself. The all mighty great creator made you in his own image and likeness. He knew you before you were born, he gifted you with talents, skills and abilities and determined the areas in which you excel. He also knows who you can work well with and who you should marry. God knows your strengths and weaknesses and has planned for your best good during this lifetime.
- All good and perfect gifts come from God. God is your provider, all the elements for your best life rest in Him. Anything that endures beyond this world comes directly from God.
- God’s plan for your life is greater than anything you could ever imagine. God is infinitely smarter than we are and created each and every one of us for a specific purpose within the body of Christ. He also wants you to enjoy your life, having an abundance of his best blessings for a great life.
- Absolute surrender frees you from the prison of your mind. The total surrender of your life immediately opens your eyes to God’s eternal truth. Through the power of the Holy Spirit you come into a true understanding of God’s word. God’s truth sets you free from the shackles of self-condemnation and emotional turmoil.
- Surrender secures your blessings from God. You are guaranteed that God always hears your prayers and will answer straight away.
copyright 2012, C. Rae White