Detroit Is The New Black | Store Opening
“Roslyn Karamoko, founder of Detroit Is The New Black (DITNB), is opening a pop up store at 1426 Woodward in downtown Detroit this week that will have her t-shirt line and other items with DITNB on it. Also being featured are dresses by designer Tracy Reese who is a Detroit native. In addition, the store will have artwork by local artist Leon Dickey throughout the space and jewelry by designer Nino Bertera and other designers and their items.” Regina H. Boone/Detroit Free Press (Photos: Regina H. Boone, Detroit Free Press)
Read the article here.
Website | http://detroitisthenewblack.com/
Source | http://www.freep.com/
“A Ground Breaking Pocket Sized Digital Synthesizer Designed For Infinite Customization and Versatility.” ZONT Website
Read about it here.
Website | http://zontsound.com/
Source | https://ask.audio/
Worlds First Molecular Air Purifier
Read about it here.
Source | http://inhabitat.com/
The AgIC silver ink marker conducts electricity for paper circuit projects. Available here.
Separate projects to be completed over three years in downtown Detroit enclave
Paradise Valley Cultural & Entertainment District Plans Include:
- Developing the Harmonie Club Hotel at 311 E. Grand River, where the Carr Center currently stands. This will be a boutique hotel that should be done in 2018
- Building Hastings Place at 1468, 1480, & 1496 Randolph St. (where there’s currently a parking lot) that will include residential, parking, and retail. 17% will be designated for affordable housing
- Expanding Hamilton Anderson Associates offices and opening the Paradise Valley Jazz Club at 1435 Randolph St
- Developing 1407 and 1427 Randolph Street into a mixed-use development with restaurants (the “gateway from Gratiot” as Archer said in the press conference)
- Additional residential space over La Casa de la Habana cigar shop at 1502 Randolph St. Erin Rose | http://www.positivedetroit.net/
Read article here, more photos after the jump.
Source | http://www.positivedetroit.net/ & http://www.crainsdetroit.com/
Photos |Detroit Economic Growth Corporation & Crain’s Detroit Business
The Power of Visual Effects On Bodies In Motion
“Method Design explains that the video was created for The AICP awards at the MoMA as a sponsor reel. The aim was to showcase the range of visual effects possible in production.” Eva Recinos | PSFK
Music | Light It Up (Remix) – Major Lazer (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG)
Read Article here.
Photos | PSFK, Method Design
Source | http://www.psfk.com/